Carly's Blog

I really enjoy spending my free time baking so I thought I'd set up a blog dedicated to just that :)

Saturday 25 September 2010

Upside Down Berry Cake

Ingredients:
200g butter
200g golden caster sugar
4 eggs
225g self-raising flour
25g ground almonds
200g frozen mixed berries, defrosted
2 tbsp golden syrup

Heat the oven to 180'c/Gas Mark 4 and line a deep 20cm cake tin with paper.  Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, beat in the eggs and then fold in the flour and almonds, then fold in enough water to make the mixture spoonable.  Drain any excess juice off the berries and tip them into the base of the tin (I also tried one of each type berry and took the sour ones out) then tip them into the base of the tin and add the golden syrup, then spoon the cake mixture on top.

Bake for 1 hour or until the cake is cooked through and a skewer comes out clean.  Cool the cake in the tin, turn out and remove the paper.



No comments:

Post a Comment